Monday, September 11, 2006

What 9/11 Did to Me

9/11 made me realize how traumatic events distort politics and community.

9/11 made me realize how deep the hatred was toward the United States, Israel, and the West.

9/11 made me realize how destructive human belief and action can potentially be.

9/11 made it much harder for me to explain the world to my children.

9/11 made it harder for me to teach the value of faith and devotion to God.

9/11 forced me to review how I conceived of God

9/11 distorted my relations with Muslims, creating an awkward religious dialogue in which repudiation played a greater role than attestations of faith.

9/11 made me realize that we would be sucked into violent wars while ignoring the greater challenge of global warming.

9/11 made me an apologist for religion when more and more people began to see it as toxic.

9/11 sobered my view of human nature, religion, and culture.

9/11 made me understand the concept and reality of the word, enemy.

9/11 made it harder to argue against the apocalyptics amongst us.

What did 9/11 Do to You?

No comments: